- Optimize only if the program is important and it is genuinely slow.
- Don’t tune anything without using a good profiling tool first that can help find the hotspots in a program.
- Enable compiler optimizations to help improve runtime.
- Tune the code by collecting common subexpressions, replacing expensive operations, eliminating loops, caching frequently used values or rewriting in a lower-level language.
- Include code inspection into your governance models to remove inefficient snippets.
Full post here, 7 mins read