- Draw domain lines to define and document your business entities early on. Be mindful of how you cross the boundaries between these entities.
- Document your URL route domains and ensure everyone follows the one convention.
- Be explicit about routes and methods. Avoid wildcard routes and wildcard verbs or HTTP methods.
- Assign URL endpoint ownership for clean formation of teams in the future.
- Monitor URL usage by instrumenting the endpoints - at least graph the request rate, if not the error rate and performance of every HTTP endpoint you expose.
- Kill dead code - delete it, not just comment on it. Have source code control for history, if needed.
- Document the environment variables a service, class or module uses.
Full post here, 8 mins read