- Microservices architecture adds huge complexity overheads on your infrastructure & may not be suitable for a new project from the start.
- As a developer, you take on a lot of communication and coordination in addition to coding.
- Even successful companies using microservices today typically start as monoliths.
- When you start with a single team and a single product, it is logical to continue with a monolithic application.
- Later, teams can split to be responsible for single services. Microservices may make better sense after that growth and when necessary experience and expertise is gained.
Full post here, 4 mins read