A few learnings from the post:
- Use incremental snapshots of data for backup after one initial full snapshot to reduce both storage and recovery times.
- Save on storage costs by deleting all but the last two copies for recovery purposes.
- To ensure data integrity, verify these last two backup iterations daily.
- Compress, encrypt and transfer the backup to offsite storage to build further security.
- Using snapshots this way is a more expensive process than more traditional backup technologies. But it reduces time and processing power for both the user and the service.
Full post here, 6 mins read