These are some common mistakes all developers make. Though written for beginners, I think this post has some good reminders for all developers. Being aware of these mistakes and knowing how to avoid them can help every developer in their career.
- Reimplementing Code That’s Already Available in the API: The devil is in the details. Always look at the documentation before you start writing any code.
- Making Things Unnecessarily Complex: Don’t do fancy stuff like quirky one-liners and overly complex abstractions. Make code simple, not complex.
- Silently Swallowing Errors: Track down the source of the problem, don’t just “fix” the bug.
- Overconfidence: If you don’t know what you don’t know, you don’t know how much you’re missing.
- Switching Tools: Do the research, pick your tools, stick to them & master them.
- Only Testing the Happy Path Scenario: Write tests for edge cases.
- Focussed on the Tech and Not the Business: Always know how your work impacts the business.
Check out the full post here
5 mins read