When choosing a database, consider the following 5 DB challenges and how your choice of DB tackles these.
- Data Security: use the database’s built-in security features; or use what your company is already using for security purposes; or reinforce both in your application.
- Performance: Great performance by a database means deployment with good defaults, being able to recognize an operational environment and scaling up the performance automatically as needed.
- Data Safety: there must be ACID guarantees both across the database and throughout the cluster.
- Resource Utilization: a good DB must get 100% from the resources it is working on.
- High Availability: A DB must provide high availability. It should have assignment failover mechanisms.
Full post here, 4 mins read