- With DevOps, do not get lost trying to create the perfect solution. Just focus on making continuous, small improvements.
- When working with long pipelines break up changes into smaller chunks that are easier to develop, test, and deploy.
- Deal with the complexity of distributed applications with a purpose-built tool.
- Specialized automation and insight tooling are helpful for detecting differences between staging and prod before they impact your uptime.
- If minimizing the total number of environments is not realistically possible, look at specialized tooling to automate database management.
Full post here, 5 mins read