Some fundamental capabilities of the issue tracking we should pay attention to:
- It helps in enlisting unique tasks to be done.
- It helps identify ownership of an issue, sometimes extending to multiple roles.
- It allows for the organization of issues into components, hotlists, sprints, releases, backlogs, etc.
- It can establish hierarchy and interrelationships between issues.
- It helps determine resource allocation.
- It helps to aggregate discussions around an issue by supporting comments.
- Issue trackers make for excellent knowledge repositories for postmortems.
Full post here, 8 mins read