Answer: No one size fits all. Structure your team in accordance to what works best in your company's context.
Here are 5 things to think about before and during the process of making changes to your engineering team structure:
- Know what you want to solve with the change - a collaboration, communication, clarity or direction problem
- Consider the impact of the change on other teams & the organization
- Don’t make change a big deal
- Decide who decides on what
- Over-communicate all aspects & consequences of change
Full post here, 8 mins read