- When scaling up development teams, the first folks to recruit are the recruiters themselves - specialists who understand the company culture & team’s exact needs.
- The number of on-boarded folks on any team is greater than or equal to the number of those still onboarding to ensure enough market & product context.
- Set a clear baseline for teams about how they will plan their work and track their progress, what are the tools and technologies they will use etc.
- Be very open about technical designs and code changes
- Use tooling to codify best practices
- Use pair-programming to share experiences
- Conduct frequent retrospectives
7 min read