- It is obvious, but aim to deliver according to or ahead of your proposed timeline.
- Good communication is more important than perfect estimation.
- If you see a delay coming, communicate well ahead and work with the business to decide whether it is worth cutting features, risk pulling in people off other projects, or push out the date.
- Be ready to discuss tradeoffs and prioritization if complexity is affecting the timeline.
- Use missed estimates to build toolsets to deal with overlooked (or misunderstood) risks.
- Offer time-based measurements of tech debt to save time later.
Full post here, 8 mins read