- Dogfooding is the practice of using your own product. It is a great approach to test it with real-world usage and it helps with quality control.
- When it comes to APIs, dogfooding is excellent to ensure great UX. The more you use your own API, the more usable you make it for your customers.
- Dogfood APIs via testing because it will force you to use the API for the first time & find out first usability issues.
- Blogging or documenting the API puts you in the position of a first time user of a specific API. Creating significant new features is another way of dogfooding.
- It best to write APIs from the user’s point of view, and dogfooding your API is one easy way to understand this point of view.
Full post here, 8 mins read