- Smart developers keep it simple. “Good code is like a joke. If it has to be explained, it is not a good one.”
- They know when to improve code and they have clarity on the reasons behind doing it.
- They start by searching for solutions that are already present in the code, before starting to write new code.
- They are pragmatic. They don’t get enamored by tricks.
- They don’t believe in the promises of perfect shortcuts. They understand tradeoffs.
- They are never shy to ask questions.
“Programming is not like being in the CIA, you don’t get credit for being sneaky.” - Steve McConnell
Full post here, 6 mins read