- Deep work is the ability to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task, to produce results in less time. To develop a good deep work habit, add routines to your work life.
- Check your agenda for important meetings and plan your day’s deep work sessions, breaks, and shallow work.
- Arrive at work well before colleagues, when there is no noise, no meetings & no demands that require context switching.
- Once your teammates arrive, take a social break or do some shallow work - answer emails, check feeds, engage in the daily scrum. Then tackle another deep work session.
- Create a shutdown ritual to end the day - answer important emails, update task statuses and do small tasks that help you prepare for tomorrow.
- Once you leave, practice stopping to think about work. If you can, turn off work-related notifications.
Full post here, 15 mins read