- Remove or automate all the configuration needed to run the app by taking advantage of containerization and aiming for zero configuration.
- Don’t fall into the tech stack soup trap. The fewer technologies or ‘right tools’ you use, the better, to avoid a pile of dependencies.
- Use 80% of your logging for 20% of your most important code (the parts used the most).
- Make it simple and quick to replicate customer issues. Use a tool to import only the records needed from the production database to your machine.
- Place breakpoints in obvious places in the application, with one easily locatable method per UI event.
Full post here, 7 mins read