- 3 steps for having your APIs tested continuously: Write good test collection. Run tests on schedule and on-demand. Look at analytics & set up smart alerts.
- You should be running contract tests, integration tests and end-to-end tests in your build system on demand - when code changes happen or code merges happen.
- You should have some scheduled tests run regularly. These are the ones for API health checks, DNS checks, security checks, and any infrastructure related checks.
- For complete test coverage of your APIs, you will need both scheduled and on-demand tests.
- Analytics from data generated from these tests will give you a view of system health, performance, stability, resiliency, quality and agility over time. Use it to find underlying problems and set up effective alerts.
Full post here, 7 mins read