- Small, frequent deploys contain less code and hence less risk of introducing bugs. Recovery is easier too.
- Troubleshooting is easier because there is a single change (or just very few) to check and it is fresh in your mind.
- Customers prefer quick access to new features. It ensures quick feedback from customers for every feature which can guide you to your next version.
- You need a DevOps culture where the developer is also the deployer. Automate build and deployment to be quick and easy.
- Set up the system for rolling upgrades, deploying server by server to avoid service interruption.
- Make it easy to revert to an earlier version if there are problems with a new deploy.
Full post here, 5 mins read