- Transactional flows are an ideal use case for auto-scaling because of unused compute capacity during non-peak hours.
- When you need to detect any scaling-worthy events, AWS components like Step Functions Metrics and Cloudwatch Alarms come in handy.
- Support a scale-down cool-off time to prevent two consecutive scale-down actions within a certain amount of time.
- Guard your system against any malicious, delayed, or duplicated scaling notifications by validating incoming scaling signals.
- Review historical statistics for scale-down alarms so that they’re less susceptible to triggers and never occur during peak hours.
- For a safe rollout, increment steps till you gradually reach the ideal minimal instance count.
Full post here, 5 mins read