- Don’t let a fear of having too many APIs limit you. Some APIs will die while others will flourish with natural selection.
- The effectiveness of your APIs should be felt and not seen. Changes in how consumers use APIs should be invisible to producers and vice versa.
- Moat your APIs with a robust, organization-wide security strategy.
- Allow your APIs to be discovered depending on whether they’re public, partner-facing, or private.
- Use a sound versioning strategy.
- Build your API ecosystem in a way that it can still work even if one is broken.
Full post here, 5 mins read