- An API-first approach helps dev teams reduce the cost of developing apps, increase speed-to-market & ensure good developer experiences.
- It involves developing APIs that are consistent and reusable for all platforms, devices and operating systems.
- For other developers, APIs are the first & most important way to access & interact with your product. APIs need to be designed with these users in mind.
- APIs should be a specification in the implementation, instead of just being a thin layer on top of your application.
- User-friendly API documentation is of utmost importance.
Full post here, 6 mins read